Welcome to my blog...I hope to have regular updates and pictures added here to show you what my life is like teaching here in the Dominican Republic.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

recientemente

The end of the year is always really busy, but thankfully we've had some days off from elections and random holidays to be able to relax and spend extra time with friends. The beach trip was just what I needed! Here's a part of the big group in the pool at Kaoba.


Here's Natan and I at Lax...


and Amanda, Shelly and I, too.


I've also since the last post learned how to make my favorite Dominican dish...pastelon con platanos maduros (it's like a ripe plantain casserole which sounds funny, but it is delicious!) Natan's sister, Pachi, taught me how to make it and I'm very excited because we have all the ingredients in the States so I can make it when I move back.

Here's me with my Pastelon...


and here's the twins being cute like always!


We only have 14 days left of school...then I have a week and a half to pack up my life here and say "adios." I move back to Michigan June 24 - so mark your calendars and be ready for some sort of celebration to say THANK YOU to all of you that have supported me and prayed for me and loved me from thousands of miles away :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home