fiestas, bodas, vida
This weekend was full of fun events, thankfully I'm feeling almost 100% and could enjoy good food and time with good friends.
On Saturday most of the kids from my class and lots of other people went to Ariela's Birthday party. There were clowns and games, dancing, popcorn, prizes and cotton candy - the kids had a great time and it was fun for me to not have the responsibility of keeping them under control :). Here's a picture of Ariela and one of the clowns leading the "train."

One of the reasons I was so thankful for a quick recovery after surgery was that I could be back here for our friends, Micki and Daniel's wedding. Yesterday we celebrated their union - it was so fun seeing everyone dressed up and sharing the special day with lots of dancing and really good food (Daniel's a chef so he was really particular). Here's a picture of Natan and I before the ceremony.
And here's some of the girls from Doulos: Pachi (3rd grade teacher), me, Amanda (roommate and Scholarship Coordinator), Shelly (Special Projects), Micki (4th grade teacher), Tara (2nd grade teacher), Emily (High school Science), and Kim (High School English).
-

It was a beautiful wedding and a beautiful day! I think everyone should get married in the Dominican Republic...our own little piece of paradise :).

1 Comments:
Really good to hear you are doing better health wise. Going back so soon after the surgery must have been difficult. Working with active children can use up a lot of energy---I remember.
Hope you stay well. We have been praying for you and the young couple as well. How is he doing? Is she having a really hard time staying there without him?
We will be in GR in May. Wish I could see you but will be back here before you come home again. Sorry I have not been in touch. Much going on. Love you lots
1:59 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home