Welcome to my blog...I hope to have regular updates and pictures added here to show you what my life is like teaching here in the Dominican Republic.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

en la rutina ya

I've now been back in the DR for almost 3 weeks and have been so busy that time has flown! I'm feeling healthy overall, but a little tired since I've been trying to catch up on the 3 weeks that I was gone. It was soo good to see my friends and kids and Natan, and although I always go through a little culture shock, I've enjoyed my transition back.

Here's some of what we've been up to...


My kids are happy to have me back and they loved their candy cane reindeer that my mom and I made for them :). There's Jeremy, Isaac and Idarlenne.


Kiara and Kiana (Natan's neices) are starting to walk!


Last night a big group of us went to the Licey/Aguilas baseball game. It was a disappointment because our team (Licey) lost after being up by 4 for like 7 innings...but it was still fun (and loud)! There's Natan, Eudis and Isidro - two of our good friends from Doulos and our church.



I had to go the Capital last weekend to take my computer in to get fixed (a huge inconvenience), but my friend Greibys and I did get to eat lunch at a great little restaurant right on the ocean. I just wanted to compare this warm looking picture with the cold looking one I took in Holland when Renee and I went to Lake Michigan while I was there. I love them both :).

And finally, my last picture from the States...I celebrated my 25th Birthday with some family and friends. I feel very old and wise now :)...here's me with Renee and Andy at one of my favorite restaurants, Sanchez, the day before the big day. I was traveling most of my actual B-day, so I got to spend it in my two favorite countries :).



I wanted to thank all of you that are supporting me financially right now...I wouldn't be able to be here right now if it weren't for you! Also, thank you EVERYONE for loving me and praying for me and for checking my blog :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home