Welcome to my blog...I hope to have regular updates and pictures added here to show you what my life is like teaching here in the Dominican Republic.

Monday, November 05, 2007

Tradiciones

I've been quite a "ñoña" lately about missing little things...like for Halloween, do you think you would miss having trick-or-treaters, or carving pumpkins or drinking apple cider? Until you can't have something - you don't think you'll miss it. Last year I didn't miss it. This year...I missed it and tried to bring some of the silly Halloween traditions here to the DR.

Natan and I carved a very cute SQUASH, because we don't have pumpkins here :)...


We had a Halloween party at our house and Amanda (my roommate) and I dressed up as cats...


And of couse, to keep it DR style a little bit - we danced some Merengue :)...


It felt like Halloween, thanks to all my friends here that got dressed up and played along a little bit with the silly Halloween traditions that I was missing :).
-
My family is coming in less than 2 weeks for Thanksgiving, and I can't wait to bring some of the traditions down here for that. A little pumpkin pie, stuffing and mashed potatoes - I'm so excited! I also can't wait to spend time with them, to show them around my life here, to spend 4 days in an amazing beach house, to eat good food, drink good wine, and play some Bid Euchre :). The simple things are the beautiful things!
-
Cuidense todos...hasta la proxima!

4 Comments:

Blogger steph alease said...

we have pumpkins here my dear. hey, that rhymes.

9:52 PM

 
Blogger Lindsay said...

remember i live in the campo...no pumpkins in jarabacoa my friend :).

6:35 AM

 
Blogger BlueSkies said...

How will you make Pumpkin Pie for Thanksgiving? I imagine you will find a way to import some canned pumpkin and carnation milk. Right?
Would love to be there baking, stuffing, etc with all of you. Maybe another year. Love to all GM

8:12 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Have fun with the fam

10:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home