una locura
I've noticed that sometimes things just stop working here more often than in my previous life in the (luxurious, convenient, everything-at-your-finger-tips) United States of America. I've also noticed that bad things happen in threes...have you ever heard that? I think it's true. The past few days I've dealt with:
1. A broken alternator in my car...

2. A broken water pump at our house...

3. And a broken fan in my bedroom...

They're not by any means part of a human's basic needs, but without my car, without running water, and without a fan while living in the Caribbean, life is a little tougher.
I do have a reason to go on though :)...my mom is coming in 5 days! She decided last week to come visit me for two weeks while my dad's in China. I'm so excited to spend such a long amount of time with my Mommy, I've been missing my family tons lately!
Oh, I almost forgot...here's a tiny peek at a day in my life as a first grade teacher:
My 17 munchkins had just come in from lunch/recess, they were sitting "criss-cross applesauce" on our rug listening intently (haha) while I was reading "David Goes to School" aloud to them. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping; but then, all of a sudden...
Francisco starts to throw up chicken, rice, and beans all over the floor! The kids jumped up to get away from the vomit and the vomitter as I tried to get Francisco to the bathroom. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I notice that Eliezer makes a dash (in slow motion in my mind, of course) to the trash can. But...you guessed it, he didn't quite make it. He then threw up all over the floor on the other side of the room! What a mess...I got all my kids onto the playground as fast as I could so there wouldn't be any more domino-barfing, took the boys to the office and found a very kind cleaning lady to clean my classroom.
It was horrible, but now, pretty hilarious. Rice and beans, anyone?
Thanks for all your love and prayers...I'll post some more pics as soon as I can, and for sure when my mom gets here! Cuidense mucho!

2 Comments:
Sweet girl, you have had your share of the unexpected of late and I pray that is behind you. Cars, pumps and fans have a way of giving out at the worst time. As for the little urpers, are they okay? Was it something they ate or do you now have an epidemic on your hands? We'll pray for some smooth sailing for the rest of the school year!!!
Did "Mommy" tell you her Mommy planned on dropping in on her birthday? We are on our way to Maryland and a week-end retreat--by way of MI and OH. Leaving the 29th and tho't it would be fun to walk in on your Mom. Best laid plans ---you know! Hope you two have a really special visit.Love GM
3:35 AM
Lindsay,
I'm glad that you have found a way to persevere through the alternator, the water pump, the fan and the vomit-storm in your classroom. Enjoy hanging out with your mom.
Patrick
4:28 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home