Welcome to my blog...I hope to have regular updates and pictures added here to show you what my life is like teaching here in the Dominican Republic.

Friday, May 18, 2007

Cafe y cerveza


Some sacrifices that one makes living in a developing country are: living without consistent electricity, needing to buy drinking water, not having a dryer, always getting parasites or amoebas, living amongst a variety of huge insects, getting sick of eating chicken, rice, and beans, and always being the gringo in town. I can live with all of that, though...one of the biggest sacrifices for me is...that there is no Starbucks and there is no Oberon. For a girl that appreciates the fine tastes of life, it is sometimes hard for her (I mean me), to give up her Starbucks and her Oberon. While Monteverde and Presidente have been decent subsitutes for me, I still have days where I dream about sipping a latte or a good brew.

All until...heaven came to earth and delivered the long-desired gift!!!

Thank you to my good friends Dawn and Justin, and to my parents who sent some Oberon in the mail last Tuesday! There's still one in the fridge waiting for the perfect moment. AND, thank you to my good friend, Amanda, who carried a White Chocolate Mocha on the plane all the way from Miami! While I was enjoying my Starbucks and my Oberon, the world as we know it was at perfect peace. Thank you, Jesus :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home