Welcome to my blog...I hope to have regular updates and pictures added here to show you what my life is like teaching here in the Dominican Republic.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Dia de Trabajo

Yesterday was Labor Day here in the DR, so we headed to the beach on Saturday for a long weekend. It was SO great! Besides listening to music and doing nothing on the beach, eating good food, and sharing good time with different friends, one of the highlights of the trip was eating sushi! I was SO excited...it wasn't quite like our little place on Monroe, BUT, it was sushi and it was good :).



Check out our classroom blog if you haven't yet at www.doulosfirstgrade.blogspot.com, or just go to my link on the side of this page to see weekly updates.

I can't believe it's already May! Things are getting really busy around here...I'm looking for a house or an apartment to move into by the end of this month, I'm starting our Expedition in class learning about our community and the jobs within Jarabacoa, I'm doing tutoring trying to make sure all my students will pass and be ready for 2nd grade, I'm planning my trip to MI and CA for the summer, we're already making plans for changes next year (moving my classroom, adding 4 more kids, etc.) AND I'm trying to enjoy each moment in the process...please pray for me! I want to continue living SLOW. Cuidense todos...hablamos.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nick Warnes said...

California... California... Here you cooooooooooooooooome!

Thanks for the picture and the update... It looks like you need to eat a cheeseburger or two! You look really good.

By the way, there is a person that looks exactly like you that is always walking around Fuller's campus. I think that I am going to ask her if she would pretend to be you for a day so that we can pretend that you are here. She wouldn't have to say anything. Maybe just drink a beer, burp, and whine about losing in a card game and it would feel like you were in our midst!

Love you.

11:43 AM

 
Blogger BlueSkies said...

Dear girl, the b'day party looks like fun. How I would love to baila Merengue. You must teach us this summer IF we can all be together somewhere. How long will you be home and when in CA? Your pictures and stories are so special. Our prayers surround you.
Love GM

8:38 PM

 
Blogger BlueSkies said...

Did not mention Jeni's wedding. It was so special. Each of "my grankids" have had such "THEM" weddings. Jeni's was at a winery in Northern California foothills. On a mesa surrounded by grapevines and gentle hills. The wedding took place on a lawned area and then we stepped down two or three steps into a covered pavillion for the reception. Pictures will be on the net soon. SHE was dazzling. Such a beautiful bride, and he a charming and handsome groom. The service was so well worded--hope we can get a copy. ALL of us had so much fun--working together to get things ready and then enjoying a lovely evening with 188 guests.
WE DID MISS you and the NWarnes'!!!
Also the daddies and nieces that could not be here.
Now we are back to routine things. Really hope to see you this summer. Love GM

8:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home