Welcome to my blog...I hope to have regular updates and pictures added here to show you what my life is like teaching here in the Dominican Republic.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

El Mundo Hace Vueltas

I don't quite know how to sum up the past couple weeks...in a few words, here it is:

Family, friends, Kingdom here and now, rich food, rich conversations, red wine, Oberon, L-Lake, Fireworks, Rafting, California, Malibu, limited time, but really, really full of life.

The States were getting overwhelming for me, but 10 days at the cottage brought refreshment, peace and sanity back to the crazy life here. Nick and Whitney took the week from Cali, my best friend Renee and her husband Andy spent some time up there, and our good friends Justin and Dawn. It was perfect.

Here's Renee and I at our friend, Fonz's cottage:

Here's our lake, so tranquilo!

Here's our rafting adventure down the Pere Marquette. (see Nick, Justin, and Dawn's blogs - click to the right - to hear more stories and see more pics of our time together)


I then headed to Pasadena, California with Nick and Whit for a week. The vacation continued to be full of great conversations, and it was fun seeing where they dwell now. We got to see our Grandma and Grandpa, we (of course) ate some more good food, went body-boarding in Malibu and saw a dolphin jump out of the water 20 ft. from us (right after Nick said, "Wouldn't it be sweet if a dolphin jumped up right now?"), we went to the Dodger's/Phillies game, and again, just had great quality time together catching up on the past year of our lives.
Here's Nick and I in Hollywood (the famous sign is right above my head behind us).
Here's Gramma B and Grandpa Neal at the Getty Art Museum in Pasadena.


Here's me getting fatter at In-N-Out Burger...

and fatter yet with the freaks in Santa Monica. (I don't think I've been hungry since I left the DR, there's just so much good food here!)


And here's Whitney and I at Dodger's Stadium.


Thanks Nick and Whit for such great memories!!!
My time is dwindling here in the States, but I'm feeling "recharged" to head back to the DR. I have a lot to do since my parents are moving and I have tons of "crap" to go through here in MI, and I still have people I want to see. So...until the next blog...cuidense!

3 Comments:

Blogger BlueSkies said...

Such a joy to "be" with you for a visit on your blog and hear how you are responding to the joys of this visit. The dolphin was a true example of the "eternal" (see Justins blog) that we address in life. How unique and wonderful that we have those LOVELY moments together. Nick and you will always recall the comment and response!!! We all love you so much and pray all good things for you dear girl. God Bless GM

3:25 PM

 
Blogger Braulio and Tara Payano said...

Lindz

I am soooo happy you finally got
In N Out!!! I feel the same about not being hungry since I left the DR. I think I'm also a little chubbier. Hehehe :)
I will be back in the DR on Wed and can't wait to hear more of your adventures!
Te quiero un monton
Tara :)

7:04 PM

 
Blogger JBeck said...

Lindz
Oh it was good to see all those pics. It looks like you had an amazing time in Cali. I look forward to hearing all about it on Thursday.

11:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home