Welcome to my blog...I hope to have regular updates and pictures added here to show you what my life is like teaching here in the Dominican Republic.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

sobrevivi!!!

I survived yet another parasite...please continue to pray for my health especially since this is such a busy time of year! My doctor told my I've "dominicanized" a little too much and should stop eating pica pollo (fried chicken) and burritos from the street vendors...I don't know if I can give up my favorite food, though :).

Check out some pics of our visit to the fire station...the kids LOVED it! Also check out our class blog to see what else we've been up to.



Only 3 weeks left of this year...I have lots of mixed feelings, but am ready for a vacation and for my 1st year of teaching to be done :). I've learned SO much and can't wait to take time in MI to reflect and be with family and friends. I hope you're all doing well!

2 Comments:

Blogger BlueSkies said...

Dear girl, hope the myseries have passed and that your last days this year with the little ones will be joyfu. We too are so anxious for your time in the U.S. Of course the sacrifices you expressed are only a few of the changes in your life style. Yet you must know in your heart how proud we all are of you and your strengths. Here's to lots of latte and a few Oberons soon.
Hope "somehow" we can hug you in person. Love you God Bless GM

4:49 AM

 
Blogger BlueSkies said...

Here I am again. The long week-end behind us with much viewing of memorial ceremonies in honor of those who protect our dear freedom.
We also viewed Pirates (3) and really liked it. I think critics that pan it do not do their homework. If you know the first two the plot of three is fun and makes a lot of sense. Are you a Pirates fan??? Personally I am a Capt Jack Sparrow (Depp) fan :):)
Mom tells me you have a bit of a struggle just now...so know that our prayers will focus on your peace of mind, strong knowledge of the love of our Lord, and a clean bill of health soon. God Bless and Keep you sweet girl. love GM

2:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home