Welcome to my blog...I hope to have regular updates and pictures added here to show you what my life is like teaching here in the Dominican Republic.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Otra vez

Here's a random picture I took on my back porch last week...some of you will know my thing with green, and seeing the green lizard, green grass and green leaves was a refreshing moment. I'm glad I had my camera :). For those of you in MI, take special notice to the flowers and sunshine...we're still sunny and in the 90s most days here in the middle of November, I love it!


It's been so nice that Shelly, Amanda and I got to take a long weekend at the beach last weekend. It was el Dia de la Constitucion here so many people took the holiday in Cabarete like we did. We rented a car and drove to the north coast ready to soak in the sun, eat good food (a nice break from chicken, rice and beans), get to know each other more and just relax. Our friends Russ and Wilson also surprised us on Saturday after riding Russ' motorcycle all the way there :)! It was an awesome weekend and I can't wait to go back (hopefully the wind will be good one of these times to windsurf more, too). Here's Russ and Shelly, and Amanda and I :).


1 Comments:

Blogger BlueSkies said...

Love your tan dear one!! What fun to remind MI of the sun and warm climate. Remember our first Christmas at Pebble? We went to the beach and sent pictures home to Mi.
Your description of life there is so welcome. Knowing the things your are doing keeps you "CLOSE" in heart. Love GM

5:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home