Welcome to my blog...I hope to have regular updates and pictures added here to show you what my life is like teaching here in the Dominican Republic.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Cabarete

Today is our last day together, but being here at the beach for the last few days has been perfect. We got here Thursday evening and have been beach bums ever since. We've had some amazing meals, including the best last night, lobster for all. Mom had a massage on the beach, we've met many new friends, watched the professional kite-surfers, done some shopping, and I learned how to windsurf today. Here's a picture of Mom and Dad at my new favorite restaurant, Casanova.



Here's a picture of me learning how to windsurf with Francois. I'll for sure be back to practice more :)...


I can't explain how awesome it's been showing my parents this amazing country, I'm sure they'll continue to process what they've seen here the past 10 days, and maybe even experience some culture shock going back to the States. Again, please pray for their trip and my emotions saying good-bye til Christmas. I would LOVE to have YOU come visit...I'm a pretty good tour-guide now :).

3 Comments:

Blogger Nick Warnes said...

I didn't know that Chris Theule gave wind surfing lessons in the Dominican Repulblic...

8:04 PM

 
Blogger BlueSkies said...

Think I could get up with the sail? Wanted to try it years ago!!! Great to see the lovely setting and here about your time together. Love and Prayers GM

6:29 PM

 
Blogger Matthew said...

hey, looks like an awesome time...i am jealous of the wheather and beaches. glad to hear that Ron and Val were able to visit, and i hope that you continue to have a blessed experience. take care

4:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home