Los monjes
Something that I look forward to every week is something that I haven't talked about yet on my blog. Every Wednesday, I go up to the Monastery to teach English to a group of Monks. It is always full of laughs and usually more Spanish than English, but they love it and are learning a little bit every week. This past Wednesday we celebrated Miguel Angel's birthday with party hats, chocolates, and games :). The Monastery is so beautiful and peaceful in the mountains, and just by being there with them, God's presence is so unavoidable. (L-R: me, Jose Joaquin, Miguel Angel, Federico, Jose Luis, Yonny, below: Lauro). Aren't they great?!?

This weekend I'm doing Work Crew for the English-speaking camp at Pico Escondido. I'm excited to help at the camp where I first fell in love with this country. Steph has done most of the planning for the weekend, and has put in so many hours loving the kids at SCS that there are about 50 kids signed up to go. We have a small group of 9th graders coming from Doulos, too...so great! Please pray for the weekend; that it goes smoothly and that kids will see Jesus in every aspect of it: in the beauty of the mountains, in the speaker, the program, the special music, their leaders, the work crew :), and in themselves.
Thank you all for your support and for reading this blog de vez en cuando :)...my time the past 4 months has been unbelievable. I'm learning so much, I'm being challenged every day, I'm loving people, I'm struggling, I'm falling, and like Justin and Caleb talked about in their blogs, I'm riding these ocean waves...I'm moving, I'm changing, I'm growing, I'm crashing into this thing we are given called life, it's a beautiful collision :).


2 Comments:
Hey Lindz,
I love reading your stories and seeing your pictures. Sometimes I wonder if you spend more time at the beach than anything else though!! JK. I'm glad to hear that God is continuing to work in your life in Huge ways. I look forward to reading more and seeing you soon. Only about a month to go. Love ya tons!!
6:27 PM
That is sweet that you work with monks! I am jealous about you being in such a sweet place. Have fun at the YL camp. I miss YL camps.
11:07 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home