Welcome to my blog...I hope to have regular updates and pictures added here to show you what my life is like teaching here in the Dominican Republic.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Kaskada Park

Spring fever is in the air; my kids and I are ready for a break! Last week we took all the 3 year olds through 2nd graders to Kaskada Park in Santiago, it was a great day out of the classroom for my kids and I. Now, I'm ready for Spring Break...just a few more weeks of the quarter, I can't believe how fast time is flying!


Here's Alberlin, one of my craziest boys that I usually want to put tape over his mouth and glue on his bum to stay focused...look what an angel he is when he's sleeping. Kaskada Park wore him out :)!!!

And then there were 6...we have a full house! My roommate, Maria Jose brought home Toby, this adorable Chow Chow/street dog mix a few weeks ago. Between Toby's whining and Moises' crying at night...I think the lack of sleep is catching up to me.

Moises is getting so chubby...look at his little smirk. Though he wakes me up at night, I can't help but love him!

My aunt sent me a quote from a Jesuit priest the other day that said, "Any job that requires your entire mind as well as your heart is the only job worth doing and it will bring you peace."
Please pray that my heart stays in it...some days I feel like my passion is being diminished by frustration. Please pray for my patience with my kids. Please pray especially for Fernando, Nickyan, Jorge and Alberlin as we're dealing with some major behavior problems. And finally, please pray for my peace! Cuidense mucho...hasta ma taide :).

2 Comments:

Blogger BlueSkies said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:20 PM

 
Blogger BlueSkies said...

Such a busy girl!!! How is it at home with a baby and a puppy vying for attention? Do you have a spot, a "sacred space" where you can just commune? We do pray for you and trust you will find peace in all the confusion that is filling your days, and nights.Love you GM

8:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home