Dia de Gracias
I'm teaching on this Thanksgiving day, here in the Dominican Republic, while many of you are watching parades, eating food, watching football, eating more food, spending time with family and friends, and yes, eating more food :). I DO have tomorrow off, which is such a blessing...and I'm excited to be eating some turkey later tonight at a Dominican family's home. With the turkey, though, will be some arroz, habichuelas, pastelon, y otras comidas dominicanas :). Oh, and I spent some time last night making pumpkin pie with a friend...thanks, Mom, for sending the ingredients!!! So, today, I'm excited to spend time with friends and my new "family" here, and to continue reflecting on what I'm thankful for.
Here's something to chew on while stuffing our warm bellies...

Happy Thanksgiving, friends and family...que comen mucho pavo, que disfruten su tiempo juntos, y que tomen vino para recordarme :). Nos vemos en diciembre!!!

1 Comments:
Praise God in all things and know how blessed we all are.
In reference to the "cartoon", we can always remember the lives shed for our freedoms with a grateful heart and pray that we don't just throw it all away, which could be the result of so much of what is happening in America and around the world today. My prayer is that one day all mankind will be grateful for what is and stop fighting for more. GM
7:49 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home