Pelota
Gas: 100 pesos ($3)
Ticket: 65 pesos ($2)
Empanada: 30 pesos ($1)
Watching the championship game of the Dominican World Series with some of your closest friends (and only spending about $6): Priceless!!!


It was craziness...people cheering and yelling and blowing whistles, and this was just after a base hit...imagine when the home team won! People lined the streets all the way from Santiago to La Vega (half way to Jarabacoa). They were singing and dancing and partying, because their God is good...the Aguilas won :)!

After the loudness of the game Friday, I had a very refreshing weekend; Monday was Dia de Duarte so we had the day off of school. I spent lots of time reading, writing, sleeping, watching movies and playing my guitar, and I had lots of time to visit with people. It was good to "catch my breath" after such a busy few weeks. Please pray for my health, I just got some medicine for a cough that I've had for about a month now...and pray for my parents' trip to visit Nick and Whitney (I'm a little jealous)!

2 Comments:
Lindz, it looks like a blast. We paid a buttload to go see the Tigers win but I guess it is the company and experience that counts. Glad to see you with your friends having fun. Miss you tons.
11:36 AM
Sounds as if the sound level could have been high, right?--and all that for six dollars can you imagine? I actually remember when we too had fun for very little money here in America---then our heros changed from men and women of honor to the Celebrity and the Athlete and they in turn began demanding BIG BUCKS and so it goes.
Now only fools can pay the price of most of our so called entertainment.
Do I sound jaded? Well the truth is I think we Americans deserve better and we caused our own mess.
So I enjoy God's gifts of sun and surf and soft breezes and flowers year round--you get the picture. I REFUSE to pay for those foolish things.....and it "ain't" because I couldn't if I chose to--this is my statement about the best things in life ARE FREE.
I am so happy that you are able to experience a freedom lost to the USA even tho' it took you so far from us. I pray that you will alsays have a happy heart little one. Love and God Bless GM
12:27 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home