Mi carro
So I've been back in the DR for more than a week, and not surprisingly, I've had lots of mixed emotions. It was SO great being back in the States with my family and friends and though I was excited to get back here, it was hard to leave again. While I was in MI, my life here seemed like a distant dream...and now, being back, it seems like I was never even in MI. Jesus has affirmed me over and over again that I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be, doing exactly what I'm supposed to do. I am so thankful for the weeks that I had in the States; for the people I got to see, the things that I got to do, and the food I got to eat :). So, for those of you that made my time more complete...THANK YOU!
The transition back to work has been a little tough...3 weeks off for 16 first graders is a long time. In some ways, especially a few afternoons the past couple days, it has felt like the first week of school again. I know that it will keep getting better, and though it's been a little crazy, I was expecting worse. I've loved seeing my kids and continuing building relationships with them...they are so darn cute and are learning to serve one another!
Okay...for the BIG NEWS...drum roll please...I bought a CAR!!! It's SO perfect, and I got such a great deal on it. Check it out, it's a 2000 Mitsubishi Lancer...drives great on these crazy roads in Jarabacoa and will be making a trip to the beach this weekend :). We are in the midst of a very rainy season so far, so I am SO thankful to have this car; to be able to get around town in the rain and in the dark, too. THANK YOU to those of you who have supported me so much that I am blessed enough to have transportation in this country. Here's the car and a very happy girl :).



2 Comments:
congrats on your big purchase!
11:16 AM
Way to go girl. You must give us a review occasionally of your ventures via your wheels.
I expect the kids were glad to be back with a routine and some discipline too. We forget how hungry children are to discover. God bless you always in your chosen profession. love GM
1:42 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home