Welcome to my blog...I hope to have regular updates and pictures added here to show you what my life is like teaching here in the Dominican Republic.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Hemos hecho mucho

The past couple weeks I've gotten a few new roommates...the first is a girl named Allison who's been in the country for a few years and has just moved to Jarabacoa for her last few months before she heads back to the States. It's been fun getting to know her, she's great! The second is a gorgeous baby named Moises, he's about a month old and is staying at our house until we find a family to adopt him. It's been an interesting mix! Here's a pic of Allison, Grace, Maria Jose and Moises :).



Last week we had a work team of men come from Minnesota. They built some new picnic tables and worked on expanding our comedor where the kids eat lunch. It was fun having them around, especially seeing their excitement and appreciation for what we're doing here with our kids. My favorite part of the week was taking 2 men to one of my students' houses for dinner. Howard sponsors Crismeiry (pays for her tuition), so it was way fun for me to be the translator for this special time that they had together. Here's a pic of Howard, Ben, Christian, Abuelo, Mercedes, Cristofer, and Crismeiry.

After a busy week, we headed to Cabarete for a night this weekend...Amanda, Shelly, Natan, Greibys and I spent lots of time relaxing, swimming, listening to music, and eating good food. Here's a pic of what we look like on a typical day at the beach...just lounging :). It was a little cloudy on Sunday, but I can't complain, right?


So while it's always hard to leave the beach and come back to work on Monday, I'm reminded by my kids' smiles and laughter and broken English and hugs and kisses and innocence that God has me here for them. Please pray for that reminder every day, especially since they're so good at driving me crazy lately...I think I'm already getting gray hairs :). Here's a pic of Jeddison, Idarlenne, Jorge and Isabela, who were all very excited about this project if you can't tell :)!!!

Countdown 'til Renee comes: 10 days...holy moly :)!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger BlueSkies said...

Love the visits. You do so much to make us feel we are there with you. Love the pictures...of you, the household, the Kids!!! and your guests from the U.S. Know we think of you daily and lift you in prayer.

9:41 PM

 
Blogger Justin and Dawn Beck said...

How fun to see some of the changes you have endured through new roommates, guests, and clouds!! I am glad you are able to experience God in new ways all the time. Continue to seek out those experiences each day. Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day yesterday. I can't wait to hear about Renee's visit with you. I bet you can't wait! Love you tons!

4:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home